Have you ever examined your professional or personal brand? If you do not, your brand will be made for you- positively or negatively. How do you want to be perceived? How do you want your company, your friends, your relatives to view you? We work hard in a career or life - it should be seen!
5 Easy Steps to set up your brand YOU, Inc.
1. Identify your current professional & Personal Brand (Be completely honest.)
2. Work on the discrepencies and focus on your strengths to build your bio, resume and brand.
3. Have a positive sphere of influence. (Who are you listening too? Are they qualified to give you professional or personal advice? Many times we ARE who we hang around- choose wisely.
4. Be a visionary - look ahead 2-10 years and build into the future. What do you want your life to be personally and professionally, make a road map. When you drive to a new place do you print the map and throw it in your trunk? No, you study it and re-read it sometimes 5-10 times...do this with your life!
5. Do not short change yourself! No matter your parents, your circumstance, your affilitations you can have the life you want to build. It starts with you.
Here is more incredible information on brand (and funny.)