Do you struggle from fear or anxiety? I have never posted about what I fear and it is because if you knew half of the things I am scared of you would think I'm completely insane, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that unless you get your fears out there then they stay in your head and torture you every moment of every day. So just for kicks, I'm going to put a list of my completely ridiculous fears. Bear with me-Some of these are purely at times of extreme anxiety.
1) Fear of water and anything in water- at a young age I was nearly drowned by my father and have never recovered. On top of that I became convinced that people could not have possibly explored every crevice of every lake and ocean and am terrified of what could be present in them.
2) Fear of food- I am constantly afraid that something is in my food that can kill me or that someone has done something to my food.
3) Fear of losing the ones I love- I am to the point that on days when I'm loaded with anxiety I keep my door open when I sleep and check on my children at least four times a night.
4) Fear of zombies- I will go to the grocery store on days when I'm anxious and everyone I see will be a zombie, no joke, like a creepy scary movie. I cried once because my husband said he wanted a zombie apocalypse, I didn't sleep for more than two hours for two weeks...
5) Fear of the unknown- When I am not having something actually happen to me, I am continually playing the outcome of situations in my head, I get in my car at the grocery store and immediately lock the doors because if I don't the entire way home I thinking about what could have happened if I didn't. Every time I go to sleep I fear of a storm, or tornado, or blizzard, no matter how absolutely ridiculous it comes in my mind.
So that's enough, but I can assure you there is many more the reason why I went extensively into my fears is because fear on days of extreme anxiety controls my life, it ruins all hope of happiness, it fills my mind with complete and utter chaos, and fear is the worst demon in my opinion in the entire world. Because that is what it is, it's a demon, telling you you can't move past it, telling you that you can never change, and making it impossible to improve your quality of life. I'm sure some of you have some of these same fears because fear is normal to have. Obviously since I am blogging about it, most of these fears I have not overcome and I'm not sure I ever will, but what I do know is that it is okay that I have them and that it is okay as long as I'm moving forward towards overcoming them in the future. My mind at times can be my worst enemy. So since today is an especially anxious day for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way I am going to take the top part of this post which was my negative and now make my positive point. When I feel like I am overcome with fear and doubt I know just what to do, I stop looking around at all that stresses me and makes me that way and I focus only on above. Here are some verses that help me to banish my fear and I hope they help you.
1) "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." -Deuteronomy 31:6
2) "The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. " -Psalms 27:1,3
3) "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10
4) " But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you." -Psalm 56:3
5) "Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13
Today when I was cleaning our house a song came on the radio that is "Overcomer" by Mandisa, I don't know if you have ever heard the lyrics or know how powerful they can be, but it gave me an idea. I have read many times of the "Fear Not" challenge where you read one scripture a day to banish fear from your life and overcome it, but we did that we would purely focus on fear and there are many more torments to daily life. So every post starting now is going to be a specific struggle, whether it be fear or judgement or regret, whatever it may be because I am led by God here and together we are going to overcome it, we will take that subject and relate it to every day and how we feel and then we are going to replace the anger or anxiety of that subject and lay it at the foot of the cross, so this is the first post which I will post the song on it to get inspiration and now we can let go of fear. So after you have listened to the song and if you decide to take this journey with me; then repeat after me,
"Lord, I am taking the fear I have for everything in my life and accepting that I am still a work in progress. I am taking all the anxiety and depression I feel because of those fears and I am taking it off of my shoulders and laying it at the foot of the cross. I know you will give me strength to continue on and I am letting go of my fear and living fearless in you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen. " Or if you have your own prayer then go for it! It is all about your journey :))))